This fabulous course discussing how to set up a business and what you need to know and do to make it a success will be delivered by a panel of salon owners, self employed hairdressers, beauty therapists and barbers or work in the financial area of business set up e.g. accountant.
The knowledge focuses on the basics you need to be aware of when setting up your own business, however you choose to do it. This is a great course, fully interactive with input from all different agencies, specialists etc.
We will look at the following.
- Companies House – registration of business
- Insurance – Public liability, treatment specific, teaching and staff
- Holidays for staff, including pension opt out.
- Types of contracts available
- Codes of conduct and ethics
- Local authority registrations – depending on business and treatment type.
- Business Plans – what are they and how do we compile one?
- Cashflow forecast, accounts, invoicing, tax and NI.
- Social media methods of marketing and branding
- Covid-19 regulations and requirements within our industry
The business set up is focusing on Hairdressers, Beauty Therapists, Nail Technicians and Barbers.