Join us for our 1 day barbering course to learn or advance your clipper work and fading skills.
It’s an interactive workshop where you will gain knowledge and skills needed for barbering services beginning with expert demonstrations then live model work.
What you will cover:
- We will cover health and safety aspects required during the session
- Overview of equipment used throughout
- Step by step demonstration on short graduation and clipper over comb work
- Skin fades and beard shaping
- Model needed (age restriction of 16 or above with short hair)
- Suitable for 18 years or above with previous haircutting knowledge
- Learners will need own kit to attend this course
- Professional scissors
- Suitable model must be at least 16 years of age
- Learners must be at least 18 years of age
- Learners should arrive wearing professional work clothes and closed toe shoes
- Learners required to have some haircutting knowledge.
Duration – 4 hours
Learn the basic skills needed within barbering services
- Hair and scalp analysis, including consultation techniques and contra-indications
- The core skills required to cut and dry the style the hair using various methods and products
- Health and safety knowledge to carry out the service confidently
- Demonstrations with step by step guidance and knowledge of core skills on how to use and hold scissors and combs for layering techniques
- Use of foil shaver to remove lines
- Overview of cutting tools
- Cutting different shapes using traditional barbering techniques
- Product recommendations, aftercare advice and price guidance
Cancellation and refund policy
If your cancellation is at least 24 hours in advance of the class, you will receive a full refund. If your cancellation is less than 24 hours in advance, you will receive credit to attend a future class. We will do our best to accommodate your needs. If Mac-Ed Training need to cancel a class you will be offered a full refund or an alternative date.